I don't like too much noise, however. Most of the tunes have some grit, some distortion, some white noise, some scratches but not too much. I still wanted the mix to be very ambient, not annoying or distracting.
I guess the Fripp & Eno cut isn't very noisy or scratchy but could be considered droney. I'm just happy to have squeezed into a mix. I hadn't listened to it in years & had forgotten how much I loved that track.
Of course now that I just posted the mix, Tim Hecker comes out with something new that would have fit perfectly. And the next Infraction release from Sleepy Town Manufacture sounds like it would be a good fit too. Oh well, I guess I'll have to save those for volume 2.
T R A C K L I S T I N G :
- 00:00 Jasper, TX - home
- 04:15 Chris Bissonnette - orffyreus wheel
- 12:15 Rain Cloud - keeping a low profile
- 17:40 Belong - same places (slow version)
- 27:40 Eluder - the most beautiful blue
- 33:25 Fripp & Eno - heavenly music corp.
- 41:00 Rameses III - origins IV
- 49:20 Forestflies - processed vocals & strings
- 52:35 Erstlaub - sinking together
- 58:40 Milieu - burnt rust
- 1:00:13 end