Saturday, June 05, 2010

beneath the surface


Right off the bat, I have to come clean. I stole something. I stole the idea for this mix. But I'm glad I did because I'm very excited to post this new track.

Over at SoundCloud I ran into some mixes by Astromatt. He uses sounds from music libraries and soundtracks of '60's and '70's to create great underwater themed mixes. I love the sound of these old tracks & how they work together in a mix.

Who knew that these old library albums even existed?!
After some research & digging, I decided to try my hand at a similar mix.

With a lot of this music, it's very easy to cross the line into cheesy/kitchy territory. I tried to find tunes that had that old 70's undersea soundtrack feel but were still listenable by today's ambient standards. I think it works pretty well as an ambient mix, very relaxing, with a cool watery vibe.

It was a lot of fun discovering some of these old albums & I'm sure I'll visit them again.


Download (right click/save as) : 53mb, 36:53
beneath the surface



T R A C K L I S T :
  • 00:13 Amedeo Tommasi - Acque Tranquille
  • 02:20 Eugene Thomass - Magic World of the Sea
  • 04:50 Michel Redolfi - Music for Fresh Water
  • 08:40 Franco Tamponi - Submarino
  • 10:35 Gaston Borreani - Cirrus
  • 13:40 Gaston Borreani - Entrelacs
  • 17:16 Franco Tamponi - Stelle Marina
  • 20:05 Amedeo Tommasi - Correnti Sottomarine
  • 21:45 Piero Umiliani - Eliogabalus
  • 24:00 Gaston Borreani - Rave Abyssal
  • 26:10 Patchwork Orchestra - Brumes sur Mars
  • 28:00 Franco Tamponi - Profundita
  • 30:05 Fabor - Angelo di Mare
  • 33:25 Gaston Borreani - Port Cross
  • 36:53 end

No comments: