Some of my favorite sleep music has this cyclic, breathing quality to it. I made my first breathing mix almost three years ago. Wow! Has it really been that long? I can't believe I've been posting these mixes for 4 years. Anyway, back to this mix, I had a few breathing tunes that I'd been meaning to use, some old some new, and the result is "breathe in, breathe out".
On many of these mixes, there are sections where two or more pieces are playing simultaneously. But this one may have the longest section of combined playing. At about 4:30 into the mix, Bang on a Can's version of Music for Airports 1-2 comes in over the peter Broderick piece. The two continue playing at the same time until somewhere around 10:00, when Airports fades out and the Broderick cut goes solo for a minute or two. I wasn't planning on doing it that way, the two tracks just blended nicely.
There's a track from Foci's Left in the middle of the mix that is from a new netlabel, Audio Gourmet. The label has been running for less than two months but already they have 7 fine releases. Definitely take some time & download some these excellent EPs.
Download (right click/save as) : 87mb, 60min
breathe in, breathe out
T R A C K L I S T :
- 00:00 Peter Broderick - Music for a sleeping sculpture of Peter Broderick
- 04:30 Bang on a Can - Music for Airports 1-2
- 10:00ish Music for a sleeping sculpture comes back to the fore
- 11:45 Panoptique Electrical - Glacier Show 1
- 20:00 Porzellan - Rosen
- 25:45 Lucette Bourdin - Through Empty Heaven
- 31:00 Robert Rich - Never Alone
- 35:40 Foci's Left - Regurgitated Impulses(David Tagg remix)
- 37:10 Olan Mill - Country
- 40:30 St. Kilda - You are in Every Dream
- 43:20 Language of Landscape - Contemplating Departure In Wake of Clear Light
- 47:45 Austere - Lid
- 54:40 Lexithimie - Another Minute for a Never Ending
- 1:00:00 end