The Jazz 100 is a list compiled by listeners of jazz24.org & NPR Music. It's kinda fun to read some of the comments because the listeners get very passionate about the list. Much of the list is very recognizable & some of the tracks I'd never heard before, so it was great to dig in & discover music I probably should have known about for a long time.
So this mix is just a quick compilation of just a few tracks from the list, with the exception of the Paul Desmond tune(it just worked perfectly following Take 5 with Take Ten).
Even though this deviates from from the usual ambient I hope you enjoy it nonetheless.
[ d o w n l o a d ] | [ i t u n e s ]
T R A C K L I S T :
- 00:00 Miles Davis - So What
- 09:20 Ahmad Jamal - Poinciana(the song of the tree)
- 13:33 Duke Ellington & John Coltrane - In a Sentmental Mood
- 17:40 Lee Morgan - The Sidewinder
- 27:44 Dave Brubeck - Take 5
- 32:57 Paul Desmond - Take Ten
- 36:00 Stan Getz & Joao Gilberto - The Girl from Ipanema
- 41:05 Oliver Nelson - Stolen Moments
- 49:32 Wayne Shorter - Footprints
- 54:57 Bill Evans - Waltz for Debbie
- 01:53 end