Thursday, October 18, 2012

illusions of autumn


I wanted to get this mix in while it is still autumn.  I originally did this mix last fall for the good folks over at Headphone Commute.  If you've not been there, head over to their great site for reviews, news, sound clips & of course mixes.


The music in the mix sort of has an autumnal feel to it at least I hope so considering the title is “Illusions of Autumn.”  Not sure what qualifies a tune as being autumnal, I guess it’s a case of “I know it, when I hear it.” 

I was glad to use the Arve Henriksen tune, I love his stuff but sometimes it doesn't fit in a straight ambient mix.  But it works well here, it really has a nice fall color feel to me.

Enjoy autumn while you can, winter is will be here soon.




T R A C K L I S T :
  • 00:00    Nils Frahm - Old Thought
  • 04:00    Cliff Martinez - Rubber Head
  • 06:25    Benoît Pioulard - Malick
  • 08:45    Daniel Lanois - Matador
  • 13:05    King Creosote & Jon Hopkins - First Watch
  • 15:10    Harold Budd - Come Back to Me in Dreams
  • 16:55    Arve Henriksen - Sorrow and It's Opposite
  • 19:00    Steve Tibbetts - Nine Doors Breathing Space
  • 20:55    Arve Henriksen - Sorrow and It's Opposite(continuation)
  • 21:40    Andrey Kiritchenko - Agravic Illusion
  • 26:50    Animal Hospital - Nostalgia
  • 28:00    The Fun Years - Fucking Milwaukee's Been Hesher Forever
  • 31:15    Bexar Bexar - n.r.o.t.
  • 34:05    Daniel Lanois - Sketches
  • 38:00    Antonymnes meets Slow Dancing Society - A Feeling of Being Closer
  • 46:55    Maps & Diagrams - When the Night Came
  • 50:15    Emanuele Errante - Counterclockwise
  • 55:40    Cliff Martinez - Wrong Floor
  • 57:05    end





2 comments:

jamie said...

Another killer mix. Thank you!!

Steven said...

This is one of the best, Dave. Really digging it walking around rainy Ottawa (my new town).