This is my 5th "sea" mix. I guess ambient artists really like the imagery & sounds of the sea. Me too.
This one is very similar to the other "sea" mixes. A lot of white noise accompanies you as you drift on the swells of "a further sea."
Most of the music is fairly new, especially nice is the new release from 36 - "Lithea". It's another excellent recording from Dennis Huddleston. Definitely check out all the releases by 36!
Also playing a prominent role in this mix is music from Maps & Diagrams - "Get Lost". I love this album from Time Released Sound. The whole recording is like an ambient sea voyage.
The "sea" mixes are some of my favorites and I hope you enjoy this addition to the series.
T R A C K L I S T :
- 00:00 Vieo Abiungo - A Sad Swell (Humble Remix)
- 03:15 Maps & Diagrams - Floating Sculptures
- 07:45 M. Ostermeier - Underwater Drifting
- 10:20 Jeff Greinke & Rob Angus - harbor island
- 15:30 36 - Lithea
- 19:00 the humble bee/e and i - Pearls for Alma
- 25:35 Willamette - un court thme pour lyla
- 26:55 Maps & Diagrams - Timelines
- 29:30 Radere - Lost at Sea
- 36:33 Vieo Abiungo - Feast Before Havest (Green Kingdom - greenfeast Remix)
- 38:38 36 - Susurrus
- 44:44 Willamette - portrait of a sleeping girl with radio
- 47:45 Maps & Diagrams - Unordinary People
- 49:30 Marcus Fischer - Span
- 53:25 Loscil - Fromme
- 1:00:04 end